Guidelines for PSA & Promotions
In an effort to improve KBNJ and to help promote your events, we have put together some
guidelines for all on-air promotions. The following pages should be used as a tool for
the planning of your event.
There are two sections here. The first is for Public Service Announcements only. The
second section is for a more detailed promotion of your event. Please read both
carefully and let us know how we can partner with you in your ministry event.
P.S.A. - Public Service Announcements
Joe Fahl is our P.S.A. director. If you have an event that you wish to have announced,
he can be contacted here at the station during normal business hours..
If your church or non-profit organization has an event coming up we can include that in
our KBNJ Calendar Announcements. They usually air 1-2 times a day for about 10 days
prior to the event. Please give us 2 weeks notice in writing. Faxes and emails are best.
Some notes on P.S.A.'s :
Please keep in mind that we want to help you promote your event. These guidelines will ensure
that we have plenty of time to help you make your event happen. Should you have any
questions about P.S.A.'s, please feel free to contact Joe Fahl.
- All P.S.A.'s should be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the event.
(the more time, the better)
If promoting a concert, PLEASE SEE BELOW – EVENT PROMOTION.
- Only basic information is needed. Remember the 5 Ws: Who, What When Where and Why.
Most important, the information must be submitted in writing.
- All events must have a contact phone number in case we have questions.
- The number of times your announcement will air will vary depending on the number of
other events we're announcing.
- If your announcement is late, it is up to our discretion as to whether or not we will
- KBNJ reserves the right to edit all announcements or not to announce the event at all.
- If you wish to promote your event more often and you are a non-profit organization (must
have 501-(C)3 from IRS) then you are eligible to purchase spots (air-time) from KBNJ. If you
wish to do so, please contact Joe Fahl for more information.
We have established a few guidelines for you that will help you plan your event and will
help KBNJ in the promotions of your event. They are listed below.
We are very excited about promoting events in South Texas. The guidelines, as stated above,
will ensure that we have plenty of time to help you make your event happen. If the timelines
cannot be met, we may not be able to help you so please use this as a tool in the planning
of all your events. Should you have any questions, please feel free to call and we will be
more than happy to assist you.
- All concerts must be scheduled at least two months in advance so that KBNJ
will have adequate time to promote your event. If you book an event and KBNJ has it’s
own event going on at the same time or around the same time (within three weeks), we
reserve the right to promote our own event. This is why it is important to check with
KBNJ prior to booking a concert. We sincerely want to help you promote you event,
however, if you fail to contact us in advance, we might not be much help to you if it
conflicts with our event.
- All events that have giveaways must be scheduled one month in advance.
- All information must be in writing and on my desk one month in advance. Phone calls
alone don't work, I really need it in writing to start a file.
- All giveaways must be in my hand at least one week before the start of the giveaway
and/or promotion is to start; unless other arrangements have been made.
- Interviews must be scheduled two weeks in advance.
- Remotes must be scheduled one month in advance as well. This will ensure that we have
staff available to be at your remote. Dates come on a first come, first serve basis, so if
we already have someone scheduled for your day, then we cannot work your event as well. This
is why it is important to call at least a month in advance.
- Please realize that we are not paid for remotes. We do these on our own time because we
want to take an active roll in our communities.
We reserve the right to decline participation for any event.